Hello all - I am looking for some advice on smart speakers. I believe that Sophia NLU solves half of my problems trying to get away from Amazon smart speakers as the response time and accuracy is unbelievably good - but only when typing for me. Currently I have about 8 amazon speakers around the house and they are very good at hearing me and only responding on one of the speakers at a time if another room hears me at the same time. I have tried the home assistant voice preview, the seed studio hardware, and most recently the third reality speaker. I had high hopes for the third reality one but none of the speakers come close to the actual functionality of the amazon devices. Has anyone had better luck with input smart speakers?
Posted Fri Sep 25th 19:17
I just bought and received (like two days ago) the Satellite1.1 Smart Speaker from Future Proof Homes. I don't know that I could afford to replace 8 amazon speakers but I will say the voice pick up is better than the Voice PE (I have that one too) and the speakers are much better too but not quite Sonos level. I can call out my wake word while music is playing on the device or on another speaker in the room and it detects it.
I'm still playing with it but there are some gaps I noticed right away, it works great with common home commands, especially with Sophia but playing music with voice is something I'm still trying to figure out as well as timers, alarms and weather.