Difficulty in Sophia recognizing entities

scarpo52
Aug 2026
0 posts
0 likes
Member
Difficulty in Sophia recognizing entities
Posted Wed Aug 19th 20:23

This NLU is amazing, but there are many HA entities that are not recognized, or misunderstood. It can tell me if my garage doors are open or closed, but doesn't seem to understand how to open or close. With Alexa i must say "Turn on Garage Door" and it will cycle. My automations work the same way. But Sophia can't understand. Several other devices have the same issue. or it selects the wrong item to report on. (I'm using it with Home Assistant Voice)

Can you provide additional guidance?

Matt
Apr 2025
43 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Thu Aug 20th 12:40

Thanks for your interest in Sophia. I'm sorry, but your message isn't enough for me to give a working answer to.

If you're still experiencing problems, can you please e-mail me directly at [email protected]? I want two things -- copy and paste the necessary logs from the Log menu of the localhost web interface, and also the CSV file from the Entities -> Export menu.

If you can send me both, it will allow me to emulate your home config and reproduce the errors and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best regards, Matt

Quick Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login Register