Docker compose based installation issues

griley
Aug 2026
3 posts
0 likes
Member
Docker compose based installation issues
Posted Tue Aug 25th 15:15

I'm running my HASS via docker and I'm a little confused about the manual installation instructions. It states:

Unzip the file and move the contents of the /src/ directory into your Home Assistant installation. Once moved, you should have the following directory structure: /core/addons/sophia_nlu /core/config/custom_components/sophia_nlu/

Since I'm running HASS as a docker container I'm not sure what it means to "move the contents ... into your Home Assistant installation" .

Any help appreciated

Matt
Apr 2025
36 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Tue Aug 25th 21:41

Hi griley,

Thank you for your interest in Sophia. You're completely right, that page of the docs needs to be updated.

You don't need to copy anything into anywhere. If you're doing docker based install, you don't even need to install the app.

I'll put up a quick Dockerfile shortly, but it can be literally anything. Sophia doesn't even require glibc let along anything else, so it will run on any alpine image or whatever you throw at it.

Since you're doing docker, you'll probably want the sophia-amd64 binary. Doesn't matter what directory, just run "./sophia-amd64 -d" and the daemon will start.

Once that's running, install the HA integration, set it as your voice assistant, and everything will begin working fine. I apologize about that page of poor documentation, and it will be updated shortly. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards, Matt

Matt
Apr 2025
36 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Tue Sep 01st 14:39

Hi again,

This should now be resolved. Both, the .zip file you can download from the account portal has now been updated, and so has the install docs: https://nlu.to/ha/docs/manual_install

Let me know if that helps or if you continue to experience any issues.

Warm regards, Matt

Quick Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login Register