Exposed entities - how do they work?

griley
Aug 2026
3 posts
0 likes
Member
Exposed entities - how do they work?
Posted Fri Sep 18th 16:53

I was under the impression that Sophia for HA was limited to "exposed" devices and entities?

I ask because the following conversation took place:

[code]

[2026-09-17 20:52:09] text: Turn off all the lights in the office.
    intent HassTurnOff:area=Office:common_name=lights:domain=light
      success: light.work_lamp, light.home_assistant_connect_zwa_2_led, light.office_fan, light.office_desk_lamp
      failed: light.office_toilet_water_sensor_basic
  response: certainly. lights in the Office are off. Uh oh, no speech response found for clause.exception and personalit butler.  Please let my developers know so they can fix me.

[/code]

As you can see it turned off 5 devices (all in the "Office" area). Only 2 of these devices are exposed to voice assistants (light.work_lamp and light.office_desk_lamp)

griley
Aug 2026
3 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Sep 18th 16:57

I should add that I'm running the latest Sophia NLU (v2.1.3) via docker and HA 2026.9.2

Matt
Apr 2025
36 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Sep 18th 17:58

What version are you running? Please ensure you're running the latest version of both, the app and integration.

This should be resolved in the latest versions of both. Please ensure you're running the latest versions and let me know if the problem persists.

Oh, and don't worry about that error in the speech response. That will be fixed in v2.2 which should be out in a few days.

Matt
Apr 2025
36 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Sep 18th 18:07

Am I by chance correct in assuming the Entities menu of the localhost web interface shows the correct entities, but sending the voice messages in messes it up?

If yes, you need to upgrade the integration to v2.1.4 as well. It will solve the issue, but let me know if the problem persits.

griley
Aug 2026
3 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Sep 18th 21:13

Thanks - upgrading the integration did the trick. I'd copied the custom_components/sophia_nlu in the home assistant config directory, and restarted HA, but had to go into HACS at which point it eventually prompted me to upgrade.

Matt
Apr 2025
36 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Sep 18th 21:29• Last edited Fri Sep 18th 21:31

Glad to hear that got it working. If you're running a Docker install and would prefer not to deal with HACS, you can always just grab the latest version of the integration at: https://github.com/cicero-ai/sophia-ha-integration

Then just copy and paste the ./custom_components/sophia_nlu/ into your HA install.

Going forward when I send e-mail updates I'll always ensure to state whether or not the integration also needs to be updated, so folks like you know.

Quick Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login Register