Install via HACS but can't connect to Sophia NLU Engine

~op.author~
~op.tagline~
~op.member_since~
~op.total_posts~ posts
~op.total_likes~ likes
~op.user_type~
Install via HACS but can't connect to Sophia NLU Engine
Posted Thu Aug 27th 16:24

I am attempting install Sophia in Home Assistant via HACS using the Install the Integration instructions at https://nlu.to/ha/docs/install.

I have installed Sophia NLU Engine from HACS. At step 6, when I add the integration and click on Submit, I get a "connect_connect" error message. I tried browsing to that endpoint, and there is nothing there. Any idea what I am missing?

I am running HA on Proxmox on an x86 MacBook Pro. I have restarted everything in sight and haven't seen any obvious issues.

~op.signature~
Matt
Apr 2025
36 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Thu Aug 27th 17:43

Thanks for your interest in Sophia.

Please visit the Settings -> Apps menu of Home Assistant, open Sophia NLU and click on the button to view the log. Do you see any errors in there, or do you see a line saying Sophia is running and listening for connections?

If it says Sophia is running make note of the IP address it says it's listening on. Use that when installing the integration.

If the Sophia NLU app is showing errors in the log of any kind, please let me know what they are and I'll be able to help further.

Best regards, Matt

andyneilson
Aug 2026
0 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Aug 28th 15:18

Many thanks to Matt for being so responsive in sorting out my installation problems. I am up and running now, and everything is working well. My first impression is that Sophia is way quicker than any voice assistant I tried so far.

Quick Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login Register