Weather Forcast

o3scotto
Aug 2026
4 posts
0 likes
Member
Weather Forcast
Posted Fri Aug 21st 07:42

Not sure if I am asking the wrong question here, but when I ask for "what is the weather tomorrow" the response is always the current state of forecast home:

[2026-08-21 08:44:49] text: What's the weather like tomorrow? intent HassGetWeather:common_name=weather:domain=weather:entity_id=weather.forecast_home:name=Forecast success: weather.forecast_home response: right now in Forecast Home it's 11.6.

Matt
Apr 2025
43 posts
0 likes
Member
Posted Fri Aug 21st 08:00

Thank you for your interest in Sophia.

Sophia itself will never be able to pull tomorrow's weather forecast. Simply because in order to do that, Sophia would need to detect your location, and I simply won't build that functionality in. The mission behind this is to promote personal privacy and digital autonomy, hence I'm not going to develop in functionality that tracks your location.

However, what you can do is setup a custom script to pull the forcast for you. Copy and paste something like this into your /config/scripts.yaml file:


tomorrows_forecast: alias: "Tell Me Tomorrow's Forecast" sequence: - action: weather.get_forecasts target: entity_id: weather.home # <-- replace with your actual weather entity (Developer Tools > States > filter "weather.") data: type: daily response_variable: forecast - action: tts.speak target: entity_id: tts.google_translate_en_com # <-- replace with your TTS entity (Settings > Devices & Services > Voice Assistants > check your TTS provider) data: media_player_entity_id: media_player.living_room_speaker # <-- replace with the speaker/satellite you want it spoken on message: > Tomorrow will be {{ forecast['weather.home'].forecast[1].condition }}, with a high of {{ forecast['weather.home'].forecast[1].temperature }} degrees and a low of {{ forecast['weather.home'].forecast[1].templow }} degrees. Chance of precipitation is {{ forecast['weather.home'].forecast[1].precipitation_probability }} percent.

mode: single

Then within the localhost Sophia web interface you can add a custom sentence that will call the above script and give you the forecast.

Hope that helps, and please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist.

Best regards, Matt

~reply.author~
~reply.tagline~
~reply.member_since~
~reply.total_posts~ posts
~reply.total_likes~ likes
~reply.user_type~
Posted Fri Aug 21st 09:56

incredible, thanks! And I completely understand why its done this way so that sophia isn't looking for a location.

This seems to have mostly worked, just need to pass the result to the satellite rather than the media player if that makes sense

Edit
~reply.signature~

Quick Reply

You must be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login Register